new start

the c. blog, where are you c.? comments welcomed no matter about what...

Saturday, May 06, 2006

answer

well actually its about enlightment and getting rid of pains! to this goal that is called enlightment, there are used curious methods, liking asking paradox stuff, or even kicking or punching!some people just get englightment when they are punched , actually zen people are monks, but as you can see I am only interested in my sort of zen, that´s called harrys zen, means my own zen, I like the zen master sengai, but with the rest I cannot start much.
from sengai comes the simile, that if it were all about meditating or zazen, sitting still, then frogs also would be all enlightened! so you see zen is not without humour. hope I could help you further.

4 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Flora Pang said...

I always had this idea that zen is all about "shuting up and minding your own business", thanks for clearing that up, Harry!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger harrys zen said...

your welcome

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Self Confessed Walkover said...

Hang on, so kicking someone is enlightenment? Are you sure?

I think I ought to try and start meditating, it might help me centre myself, deal with my bad feelings. Any tips?

Thanks for explaining :)

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger harrys zen said...

of course it is insane to be kicked or punched by anyone, the relationship between the zenmaster and the pupil is still very familiar, they are very close to each ither, but it is not seldom, that a zen master throws the pupil out of the room, because he is asking sth. like what is the essence of zen. and sometimes they used punches to just irritate the pupil and bring him in new ways of thinking, I don´t know whether zen is still alive, but some masters really used the method of punching with success, zen is very difficult, if you do not find the right master you probably never will become enlightened.
there is story I remember slightly, a zen master has a student who everytime he asks him about zen, throw him out with hitting him of the room. one day an older monk told him to go to another master, a friend of this master. the pupil obeyed and go to the other master and told him about his problems with his master. the answer was: your master is like a grandmother to you! " by this words the pupil get enlightened, he went back to his old master, the master asked why has he come back so soon, he told him that he was told his master is like a grandmother to him. the master answered: " if I could I would give him (the other master) some slaps!" the pupil answered: why wait so long?" and gave the master a slap!
these things happen in zen, but they must not. others get enlightened by the view of a star, or a cry of a bird or so.
mediatating? I don´t know I do not meditate anymore. thanks harry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home