new start

the c. blog, where are you c.? comments welcomed no matter about what...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

behind skills

after getting known to the basics and developing the game, one reaches the state of beyond the game, this is the part where you try to impress others where you want to compete with other bplayer, you wanna trick them out, look how they play the game and how they are, any one who not is good enough, will be crushed at once. that the stage of beyond the game, when you step out on the court and surprise yourself with the skills you have, when you run over the court and stop at the three point line and try a shot and surprise it just goes through. this level of the game the youngster will reach with 15 or 16 due to talent. then he has the urge to play against anyone, he will on court whenever he can, when he is no worries at school, give him the oppurtunity. he will be always there trying shots, trying moves , making things that does astonish himself, his desire is just to be at the team he wants to be with, he is demanding fair play by anyone, I remember a game in Baltimore where a huge guy always pushed me beside and took the ball, I was to shy to say that it´s foul, so I lost desperately. in Baltimore I was at the peak of my game, I never had the oppurtnity to develop further, I was doing by that time at the age of fifteen 30% three pointer, that was pretty good. my shot was amazingly good compare to lack of time I had to practice and the weak physics I had.
at all I wanted to talk about the stage of beyond the game. beyond the game means to not fear any competition, it´s the time where the understanding of the game is perfect, playing 5 on 5 is the highest delight at this time. here you can show all you have learned. beyond the game is the time where you start to think on the psychological side of the game, how can I calm down in dificult situations. how can make the best choice at the game, how can I prepare best for a game. how can I get more game time, where does I belong, how good am I. here every youngster should get at least ten minutes game time, here it´s still not clear who will be good who will be a failure in basketball. give anyone game time who dares to go out there and makes mistakes and try then harder, give them a chance who get angry when they make a bad shot, who run hard and waste they whole power at once. these are the real talents. not those trying crazy passes in a game.
still there is a lot to say about beyond the game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home