new start

the c. blog, where are you c.? comments welcomed no matter about what...

Friday, September 29, 2006

the basics

We still are at the basics, I want now explain how to learn the basics. one starts with dribbling, then goes over to weak hand dribbling, a bad think is for sure to dribble with closed eyes, one has to learn to dribble and see what´s happening around, a lot of people believe when you close eyes then you you learn to look away from ball, maybe, but you get not the feeling for that when the ball could be stealed. the looking away from the ball comes automatically with enough practice. So learn to dribble with open eyes. dribbling with closed eyes as practice is a skill that only pros can handle, and by now I do not know any pro who is good enough to practice this way, only the master of the game will be able to take profit from dribbling with closed eyes in practice. after one has learned to dribble the next step is to throw with the board easy baskets. after managing this stage you go further to doing layups, it ´s important to do layups from left and right. of course the left layups will at first be very frustating. after having learned the basics of offence, the defense part is then on the line. show at first how to move the feets, one step to the next and never let the feets come close to each other. here starts the point, where the bplayer has to jogg daily. he has to be fit to perform 20 min defence. If I would have known that, I would now be a player, everyone had difficulties to play against. but unfortunately no one tell me to run, no one taught me defence. What I have learned about this game, came mostly from own hard experiences, so I am a kind of pioneer in this game, but I hope to make the way for other bplayer easier through sharing my experiences with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home